Friday, December 2, 2011

Goleshovo [2008]

Genre: Documentary, Short

Rating: 6.1/10

About:
This is a tale about the death of Goleshovo, a forgotten town in the mountains of Bulgaria. Here, a handful of old people struggle for survival: A couple fights with their donkey. A forgetful priest leads his congregation into confusion. A woman cheers up her friends with songs. Will their children ever return? Composed with rigorous attention to form, this observational documentary is an austere yet ultimately rewarding portrait of hope.Written by Betina Ip  

I saw this one on one documentary film festival and I liked it. I don't usually watch documentaries, but I love them. This one is good. I even had a chance to see the director.

Director: Ilian Metev
Writer: Betina Ip


Stars: Angel Kozarev (Himself), Fidana Kozareva (Herself), Irina Kozareva (Herself)

More on:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1311651/

No comments:

Post a Comment